Thursday, August 25, 2011

Bries first blood drawn


On Monday Brie had her first blood draw. Mike and I had dentist appointments, so while Mikes teeth were being cleaned Brie and I walked next door to visit Nana at work. then we switched and while I was getting my teeth cleaned I convinced Mike to take Brie to get her blood drawn. Daddy would be better at that then mommy, off they went. I kept my phone close just in case, I knew I was more worried than them. We are doing a genetic test to be 100 percent sure Brie has LQT, and University of Rochester is willing to do it for us free. Which saves us thousands of dollars and health insurance doesn't pay any. Mike came back and said Brie didn't even cry, Mike said she just watched the blood go in the tubes. The nurse got her in one stick and she never bruised. She is smiling even after such a brave girl.

1 comment: